It’s been a hot sec since I’ve talked about makeup on here! Honestly, it’s been a bit since I’ve really gotten all that excited about makeup for a couple of reasons:
- I have a newborn. Duh. I hang out with him the most, and he could careless how fab I’m looking. I bring the boobies – he’s happy.
- SAHM life doesn’t offer me much in terms of getting too fancy each day. Is it weird that I miss working because I miss having to get ready? Just me? haha!
- I moved to Colorado from Florida… and my skin FREAKED out.
I am now a harborer of severely dry skin. YOU GUYS I never even knew I had dry skin… because Florida – nothing is dry there. But my skin was totally normal there. Like I had no skincare routine. I washed my face and left it alone…because apparently Florida is a dry skin havers paradise.
Fast forward to Colorado… my skin and I are still trying to figure this ish out. I have spent a small fortune on moisturizers and skin care. I’m still working on finding a rhythm as far as that goes. I’ll get back to you. But I’ve pretty much had to switch up everything about the makeup that I use. Also, I’m way more pale than the Florida sun had ever allowed… so I was in the market for some new foundation anyway.
As far as foundation, I no longer reach for anything mattifying. Back home, there were a few matte foundations that I really enjoyed but here they just accentuate the dryness. This has led me to
- L’oreal TruMatch Lumi// Seriously LOVE how this stuff makes my skin look! I have the regular one in the jar with a pump and the one that is a “cushion.” Although, I’m honestly not sure what all that cushion hype was about. Stick to the regular one, IMO.
- ELF Moisturizing Stick Foundation// I loved this in Florida and I still love it here. It’s my favorite “5 minute makeup” foundation because I don’t have to get any foundation on my hands. I don’t necessarily opt for it when I take the time to look real fancy, but for quick and on the go, I’m all about it because it doesn’t freak out my new alligator skin.
- It Cosmetics CC Cream// This stuff is what busy, overtired mom dreams are made of. Works and functions like a moisturizer but with great coverage. Pump it out and slather it on with your hands. Boom. Done.
- Maybelline Master Conceal// I have heard people talk about this stuff for years and never tried it! Honestly, I think it’s because I think the packaging is ugly and I’m a sucker for good marketing. But when I flew home to Florida in February I used my sister’s and was so surprised by how much I liked it! Being so dry really accentuates fine lines (like under my eyes) and being having a newborn makes me look really tired (like under my eyes.) This stuff is awesome for hiding my dark circles and not creasing. GET YOU SOME!
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer// No surprise here. I feel like everyone loves this stuff. On the days that I do quick and light makeup, I feel that the Master Conceal is too heavy. So I opt for this stuff. Tried and true, never fails.
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette// I’m obsessed with this thing. Easily one of the best high end purchases I’ve ever made. I’m almost out of the shades that I use the most and I will 100% be repurchasing it. I knew I loved it back home but now I know that the buttery texture of the powders works on my super dry skin too.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder // I know I said that I don’t like anything matte anymore, but I still use this under my eyes to set my concealer. Back home I used it all over my face. It’s like $5 and I have gone through at least 3 of them. I never go without this stuff.
I even wore this stuff during the super dry winter months.
- Colour Pop Super Shock Highlighter// These babies are only $8 and I’m obsessed. My dry skin has be craving allllll the dewiness I can get and I seriously love these. Lunch Money is my current fav.
- Benefit Watts Up// Because this product is a creme I feel like it’s pretty obvious that I would prefer it to a powder highlight. This one is both natural (as natural as highlighter can look) while still being pretty high impact. love.
Lips// and yes, my lips are hella chap too!
- Too Faced Melted// I love this whole line from Too Faced. The lipstick, the metals, and even the matte. The mattes are not so drying that they flake off – so they’re pretty much my favorite liquid lipstick to reach for these days.
- Too Faced La Creme Color Drenched Lipstick// I LOVE these things. To me, they feel like chapstick with the color pay off of lipstick. My fav is Nude Beach.
- Buxom Lip Gloss// Seriously LOVE this stuff. Josh bought me one of the holiday sets where I got like 12 different shades in 3 different finishes and I LOVE them all. By themselves, on top of lipstick, everything. My favorites are White Russian and Dolly (because my Grandma’s name is Dolly.) 😉