Welcome back. Exciting announcement… SCHOOOOOOLS OUT FOR SUMMA! Yes, I am aware that it’s almost August, and that the Fall semester starts in 19 days… but I took FIVE classes this summer… and I have been EAGERLY awaiting this 2 week break. HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF.
Okay, now that I got that out of my system… I took this awful class that FGCU requires called Colloquium. Well it wasn’t TOTALLY awful, but taking it during the Summer semester WAS a terrible idea. FGCU takes its reputation as one of the most sustainable campuses in the US very seriously, and as a result all graduating students MUST take the Colloquium course in which we learn about sustainability, ecology, environmental regulations, etc. Which is cool, I won’t lie, I learned some stuff. BUT the course is heavy on field trips. Also very cool, I went to some really neat places…but OMG is it HOOOOTTTTT in Florida in July. And the humidity… forget about it. I gave up straightening my hair.
Naturally messy waves for the win! haha!
Also interesting though… I used the 6 weeks to experiment with the abnormally large stash of makeup that I have… because well… I had to figure out what wouldn’t you know, melt off of my face while I walked about in 102 degree weather for 5 hours.
Also, I just discovered that you can make these awesome little mood board things online…AAAAAAND I totally wanted to make one.
Oh yes. Adorable.
So make up that didn’t melt off:
1. Mac Prolongwear Foundation. If you’ve worn it you aren’t surprised. If you haven’t worn it because the $30 price tag scares you…I’m here to tell you that it’s worth it.
2. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. This one even surprised me. Honestly, I love this stuff. I don’t wear my Mac everyday, and since I’ve purchased the Rimmel one, I haven’t reached for any of my other drug store foundations. On field trip days I would mix the two. Partially because my Mac is a teensie bit too light for the tan I’ve got goin’ on and partially because I just love the dewy-but-not-greasy finish of the Match Perfection. It’s super cheap… get you some.
3. Maybelline FitMe Concealer. Exhausted moms, this stuff is a life saver. I don’t know how I went so long without it. It’s also mega cheap. Publix has a Maybelline coupon like once a month, seriously.
4. Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder. Also love this stuff. Also mega cheap.
5. Urban Decay Naked Pallet. Okay, no one is surprised here. Moving on.
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade. Also not surprising. This shit brings all new meaning to the word “waterproof.”
6. Too Faced Sweethearts Blush. Why don’t more people talk about these things? I love them. No highlighter needed.
7. L’oreal Paris Voluminous Mascara. Carbon Black. Always the Carbon Black. And waterproof on these 102 degree days. I get more compliments on my eyelashes than anything else in my life. Partially naturally blessed with long thick eyelashes, and the rest of the magic is in this here tube.
8. Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Pallet. I saved the best for last. I love this thing, never going without one ever again. She designed the pallet to mimic the shades she would use when tattooing portraits. Genius. Love it. Plan to buy more of her stuff soon. End of story.
This is a picture that I shared on my Instagram from a trip to ECHO Global Farm last week. It’s a really cool organization that teaches people in poverty all over the world how to grow crops sustainably in their region, so that they can grow and eat healthy foods for years to come. And I actually ate that weird little fruit in my hands. And it was pretty good.
The very first picture is from AFTER the trip to ECHO by the way and like 8 hours of wear.
It was an awesome, but very sweaty day.
Then I took the make up for a 3 mile run. Still there. Just sayin. Well I guess thats all for now!
How about you? Do anything cool this summer?Sweat your face off? 😉