Hey guys! I think I have a recipe for you today. 😀
Cooking is NOT my forte. It’s not that I dislike cooking, I just find my creativity lacking in this general area. I’m also an extremely picky eater… this doesn’t help. In my last post I mentioned BOMB chicken tacos that I made… this is not that recipe. Sorry. Maybe next time. ha!
But because I love all things chicken + spicy… I’ll share another simple meal that I like to make while I try to minimize the amount of pre-packaged foods in my family’s life.
I give youuuuuu….
Where Mexican + Italian food meet to party in your mouth. 😉 I know. The name sounds funny. But it’s fitting, I promise. You might notice my love for Mexican (or anything involving a tortilla) food. I’m sorry, I can’t help what I like.
First, whatcha need:
1. Chicken Breasts
2. Peppers (I like Bell and Hungarian Wax peppers)
3. Burrito sized tortillas
5. Enchilada Sauce
6. Whatever toppings you like (I like avocado, sour + sour cream)
Then, whatcha do:
1. Bake your chicken in the oven at 375 degrees until cooked all the way through. Pull it out and shred it.
2. Lay 2 burrito sized tortillas on the bottom of a pan. Use that non-stick stuff, or your lasagne will become mangled mush when you try to scoop it out. I learned this the hard way.
3. Place a moderately thick layer of shredded chicken on top of the tortillas with the enchilada sauce poured in too. Add another layer of 2 tortillas.
4. Chop up your peppers. Sprinkle them + your cheese all over the top tortillas. I put some of them in with the chicken layer too.
5. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes until the cheese and peppers are all gooey and delicious.
6. Serve + top it with whatever you like.
Try it. Super easy. If you’re less picky than me add onions and all that junk. (Bleh.) Quick and easy.
Do you also feel that tortillas are like delicious-food wrapping paper?!