Things have been hella crazy around here lately. Looking for a new car is no fun when you really liked the old one. It’s also hard to find one that you like when you’re as picky as I am. It’s also really weird to have reverted to life as a 15 year old in the sense that I have to call my mom in order to get anywhere. lol! Oh well, such is life. 🙂 The summer school semester is almost over… thank sweet baby Jesus! And I’ll be 9 treacherous credit hours closer to my degree. Thanking Jesus again here. 😉
I may have mentioned a few times Josh’s new found interest in cooking. I am not a great cook. I much prefer baking, and I pretty much only like that because its associated with Christmas. Ha! But Josh has gotten all fancy and created his own “Sweet & Spicy Chicken” recipe, that I actually think is to die for. Yes it’s sweet, AND spicy. Crazy, I know. Now I like things spicy, so keep that in mind. I also prefer most of my ingredients to be organic, but again, that’s all up to you.
But it’s really just a super quick and easy dinner to make and it tastes SOOOO good. He really doesn’t do much measuring either (Errr, he doesn’t measure anything…), just ads what we like until it tastes just right. 🙂 Give it a try, tell me whatcha think… and I’ll relay the message to the Hub. 😉
What You’ll Need:
Deep Baking Pan ( mine is glass)
Boneless Chicken Breasts (We normally make 4)
Kraft Honey Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce
Red Pepper Flakes
What You Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a pot melt enough coconut oil to cover the bottom of the pot.
3. Add in brown sugar (amount varies depending on how sweet you want it) and boil.
4. Then add desired amounts of each seasoning. How much you use of each seasoning really depends on what you like. I like it HOT so I go pretty hard with the cayenne pepper. 😉
5. Coat the tops of the chicken breasts with the mixture, and pour the remainder around them in the baking pan.
6. Stick all that in the oven for like 30 minutes and it comes out like baked chicken glazed in this spicy honey flavored sauce.
UGH! I kind of ask him to make it likeeee every night he is off of work. It’s EXTRA good on a bed of seasoned rice and with corn. And let’s be real I mix it all together. Seriously so good. I almost feel silly posting a recipe, but it’s just THAT awesome!
So if you’re looking for something new to make for dinner…
Bon Appetit! 🙂